Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Crabby Pizza

Story time! I love pizza and when I saw the pizza dough at Trader Joes, I just knew that i had to make pizza tonight. If you have read one of my previous posts, you would also know that I love Feta cheese. Now, my mom wanted crab on the pizza and I wanted Feta so I decided to make it a challenge to have both! We just picked up some whole wheat crust and ingredients, I made the creation below, and we feasted! Yummy and filling!

















Feeds 2-3 people

Ingredients 
1/3 cup Mexican Cheese
1/3 cup Feta cheese
1/2 cup "Real Crab Meat"
16 oz whole wheat pizza dough
1/3 cup pizza sauce
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp dried onion
flour for rolling
1 tsp olive oil

Directions
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and oil your baking dish.

First, take the pizza dough and roll it out to about 12 in diameter on a floured surface.  Then, take about 1/4 cup of feta and delicately place it one piece at a time around the pizza. Fold the dough over the feta cheese and press down making sure it is secure.
Now, lather the pizza sauce over the dough making sure to cover it completely. Then throw on the crab meat making sure there is no blank space! Sprinkle the pizza with the onion and garlic powder. Finally, sprinkle the Mexican cheese over the pizza and sprinkle the rest of the Feta.

Cook the pizza for 10-15 minutes or until the bottom of the pizza is golden brown.

Authors note: I used a toaster oven which worked great! However, on the package for the dough it did say to put the pizza into a regular oven at 425 degrees and to cook it for 6-8 minutes. However, in the toaster oven it DID take longer.







Roll the dough






Add the feta and tomato sauce








This is what it should look like after the crust has been folded and the crab, Mexican cheese and Feta are on there


ENJOY

No comments:

Post a Comment